Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Obligatory Top Five Lists!

I might as well log my favorites, the best of the best in my books if you will. I pick only five in each because to be honest, I find it far easier to instinctively pick a smaller amount. The ones I have chosen I am very confident in, as well as their place in order. If I were to choose ten, then by the time I reached number six or seven I would begin second guessing and what not. Also for each Top Five selection I have included my top three favorite films/roles for each.

So, for no apparent reason, I give you my top five...

Favorite Films
one- Hugo (Martin Scorsese, 2011)
two- Taxi Driver (Martin Scorsese, 1976)





















 



three- Pulp Fiction (Quentin Tarantino, 1994)
four- Goodfellas (Martin Scorsese, 1990)

Favorite Directors
one- Martin Scorsese (Hugo, Goodfellas, Taxi Driver)
two- Clint Eastwood (Million Dollar Baby, Letters from Iwo Jima, A Perfect World)
three- Park Chan-wook (Lady Vengeance, Oldboy, JSA)
four- Quentin Tarantino (Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill(s), Inglourious Basterds)
five- Alfred Hitchcock (Rope, Rear Window, Rebecca)
Favorite Actors
one- Robert De Niro (Taxi Driver, Goodfellas, The Godfather Part II)
two- Leonardo DiCaprio (The Aviator, Catch Me if You Can, Revolutionary Road)

three- Song Kang-ho (Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Memories of Murder, JSA)

four- Tom Hanks (Forrest Gump, Philadelphia, Saving Private Ryan)
five- Jackie Chan (Police Story, Dragons Forever, Wheels on Meals)

No comments:

Post a Comment